Reaching those - who would be lost in His Name to be Priest of the Lord...Isaiah 6:16

Our main purpose is to Reconcile all people to knowledge of the gift of grace and power of God in todays world for their individual lives. We will have a discipleship teaching orientation for Pastors, leaders and believers of all ages with a special focus on areas that do not get many well-known speakers including widows and orphan. Today’s calling seems to be Africa, but the Lord recent spoke to our hearts to think bigger…His is a WORLD WIDE OPERATION- and He will not lose what He died for---His people- You

Monday, August 5, 2013

A bible will change a life


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. – John 1:1

Last week I bought myself a new bible. I had wanted a new one and it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for but it was what they had available locally so I got it for now until I could get another.  I remember not so long ago when I didn’t actually have a bible.  I would go to church but I didn’t actually have one of my own.  One year the World Changers came to Healy and they gave us a bible which I used for some time until a couple years ago when I actually began to read God’s word more often and so I bought another bible that I could highlight in and make notes in.  Then recently I felt the Lord speak to me about something He wanted me to do, so I wanted to get a new bible for that project.  I have a dear friend who gets a new bible every year so that she can start with fresh highlights and notes.  I think it’s a wonderful idea. 

Why am I telling you about buying a new bible?  Because this past week has brought new revelation to me about how blessed we are to have God’s word to guide us in our lives.  While traveling through Canada, we met a young waitress who shared a bit of her testimony with us.  She noticed that we had prayed at our table and commented how nice she thought it was to see us pray.  This opened up a great conversation between us where she eventually shared how she has spent time in prison and while she was there she found an old tattered bible that at first she didn’t’ think was anything until she began to read it.  God’s words and love changed her life

 Then when we returned home, Denver received an facebook request for a name that did not look familiar at first, but he went ahead and accept the request because he could see the young man was from Uganda and had some mutual friends.  We have many new friends around the globe that we don’t often recognize in the beginning because their names are unique to us. After accepting the request, he received an email that blessed us to over flowing.  I believe it will bless you as well.    


The email was from a young man named Julius, from Abba House (orphanage) in Uganda.  Last January the Lord led us to take some supplies to the orphanage.  We had no previous connection with the orphanage and were only able to spend a few hours there, but through that God blessed the children at Abba House with Bibles, new school schools, tennis shoes, and sheets.  It was an amazing walk of faith; watching God provide everything that He had called for us to do. 

 Julius sent an email to Denver to thank us for bringing to him the school schools and the bible which Julius says has helped him to learn more about God.  Since that first email, Denver has received additional conversations where Julius has sought out wisdom on specific passages of the bible.  It is such a blessing to see how God used this one day mission to touch lives and we believe God is raising up future leaders for Uganda who will be strong Christian men. 

Thank you to everyone who has partnered with us along the way because it is with your support and prayers that lives are changed.
 

Abba House is still in need of a  partner sponsor for Julius.  Sponsorship is $20 per month. If you are interested in sponsorship let me know and I can get you the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment