Reaching those - who would be lost in His Name to be Priest of the Lord...Isaiah 6:16

Our main purpose is to Reconcile all people to knowledge of the gift of grace and power of God in todays world for their individual lives. We will have a discipleship teaching orientation for Pastors, leaders and believers of all ages with a special focus on areas that do not get many well-known speakers including widows and orphan. Today’s calling seems to be Africa, but the Lord recent spoke to our hearts to think bigger…His is a WORLD WIDE OPERATION- and He will not lose what He died for---His people- You

Monday, January 5, 2015

It is a FREE gift

The Lord blessed our ministry with several boxes of hoodies.  Although we were very excited for this blessing, we really didn't know what we were going to do with them.  Denver and I prayed about it and felt that we were suppose to drive the truck full of blessings from Alaska to New York.  Our focus was on the next five months of mission in Africa, but it seamed that God had another mission planned for us before we would leave.

We gave the hoodies out all along the way and then spent two days in the streets of New York, with our team here, ministering to people and giving them this free gift.  My friends, I really never could fully describe to you how much this touched all of our lives.  There is a story behind ever hoodie that was given, but it wasn't about the warmth that the hoodies would provide, it was about God’s love and the free gift.

Every person that we pass has story if we’ll take the time to listen:
“my mom abandoned me. I believe in God but I can’t forgive her”
“I’m just cold and hungry”
“I’m just so lonely”
“just earlier today someone was witnessing to me at Tim Horton’s”
“I just want to get through the holidays.  It’s a difficult time of the year because it’s when my 4 year old died”
“I believe in Jesus but Christians don’t love each other”
“I am Christian but the churches don’t allow someone like me to come to church”
“I can’t believe it. I can’t believe someone would just give me something for free”
“I was a heroine addict, and just got out of rehab last week.  I’m living at the homeless shelter and I’m trying but it’s really hard”

but some said “no thank you and walked away” and one lady quickly darted across the street to avoid us all together. 

As we listened to the stories of those God led us to and we shared with them this free gift, we told them about Jesus and His love and that it is a gift of God, not of their own works.  Just like the hoodie, they did not have to do anything to earn it but just to believe and to receive what is freely given.  You have to receive the gift however.  We didn't make anyone take a hoodie.  It was there for them if they would receive it but they could choose not to receive. 

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works lest anyone should boast – Ephesians 2:8-9

Many people are still trying to earn what God has freely given them.  Nothing you do can earn it, but if you will receive it, He freely gives it to you through faith.

We don’t go Africa because we are earning anything from God and our team didn't give out hoodies because we were earning anything.  We do it because Jesus said to go into all the world and because “the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given us” – Romans 5:5

Jesus always had compassion on the people, but He didn't just “have” compassion, He was moved by compassion.   An action always followed compassion: feeding the hungry, healing all who were sick or oppressed of the devil. 


Are you moved by compassion?

Our New York team

No comments:

Post a Comment